October 27, 2010

ugly nails

I don’t know what’s the fucking deal with the ladies nowadays. Just the other day, I saw some clerk in the office sporting 10 fingers full of hideous fingernails. I think they’re called pedicures or something. The lady that I saw, had her fingernails grown long, trimmed in rectangular shape, painted blue and emblazoned with some pink stripes. And there were also fake diamonds embedded on each of them (I think they were super-glued on). I was kinda dealing with her about some work stuff, and throughout the short conversation I had with her, I couldn’t concentrate at all, but to only think how fucking hard I’m going to punch her if she ever touches me with that set of fingernails.

I don’t understand why would anyone do anything like that to their fingernails. I mean, it’s generally ok to file or keep one’s fingernails clean, but this is definitely overdoing it. That set of fingernails weren’t pleasant looking at all. Come to think of it, it kinda reminds me of the fingernails on most she-males (ah kua) I saw at Thailand. So, if this is all about enhancing her looks, then this must have failed so miserably. Also, not to mention that the long fingernails are likely going to hinder her typing speed too. Like, if she could type 100 words an hour, she’s probably going to only make 90 with those hideous nails. That’s 10% reduced efficiency, probably more. I was thinking, how ironic this is – here we engineers are pressured hard to cut all corners to improve efficiency by the digits, and this lady here could just easily reverse everything by having a stupid pedicure.

And then there’s also the hazard factor. The nail polish could be unsafe for use. I mean, how do we know if the shop that does the pedicure uses some cheap contraband nail polish imported from China that contains poisonous heavy metal like lead (widely used as coloring elements)? People will do anything to save costs. The lead (Pb) could be easily absorbed through the nail groove when it is wet. When dry, it could just be chafed off the surface in the form of microscopic dust when she scratches her worn out beef jerky-ish poontang, and the Pb dust goes into her reproductive system from the bottom up. And we all know Pb poisoning could retard a person’s IQ… so that kinda explains why there are so many blur bitches in our office. To summarize, it is expensive, high risk, kills efficiency and downright ugly. So, why the fuck do they still do it?

Crazy world we live in.

michaelooi  | what I saw  |

15 Comments to “ugly nails”

1. Tan Yee Wei says:

Another potential work hazard is the risk of the diamonds to fall off and embed into the back of the colleague with whom she might have an energetic shag with.

2. doc says:

Forget about manicure or pedicure. The real cure is nail avulsion.

3. Caroline says:

Lol, Mike. Manicures are for the fingernails. Whilst Pedicures are for the toenails. I agree with. I find mani+pedi’s with the ‘diamonds’ are hideous!

4. Legal Beagle says:

lol..Mike, those nails are fake. but I also don’t see the beauty of them, being a woman myself.

Wtf!? They’re fake!? Prosthetic nails!? Why would they do that lah!?

6. jen says:

fashion mah..

7. feizal says:

Yaa man.. They effing overdo their toes too. Makes me wanna barf

8. feizal says:

Oh and by the way, I’m a dad to a beautiful girl too now! :D I pray she turns out cool and stay away from all these shiet

9. seremban engineer says:

To impress and attract “jantan”…hee hee hee hee

feizal – Oh, congrats man! Yeah, it’s a worrying thing right? Afraid of them turning into freaks

seremban engineer – To attract pondan got lar…

11. doc says:

I have always been wondering how they schlick with those nails.

12. Legal Beagle says:

hehehe wait till you find out how much it cost to get those “pretty” nails….

13. tyra says:

hahaha agreed..they even hv those 3D flower, butterfly etc glued on..

what about those aunties wif sharp pointy toes nail painted in red? gosh always remind of a tortoise..

ladies, nail shd be cut straight, short and clean PERIOD!

14. mish says:

Those fake nails are bloody expensive, like RM35 per nail. So that’s like RM350 for all ten fingers. Bleagh. Hideous shit. What’s worse, fake diamond nails are now favored by old cougar aunties in their late 40s, in shiny pink and silver. I swear, worst things ever invented.

15. Deedee says:

I don’t like to paint my nails but i do like to go for meni pedi though.. Just to get them to polish it so that its neat, nice and shiny.. no funny stuff on my nails.. hate em and its a real pain in the ass to clean when it starts to get scratched or chipped..