March 28, 2009

fuck Earth Hour

I don’t understand what’s the big fucking deal with Earth Hour. Everyone switches off their lights simultaneously to promote widespread awareness that global warming could ruin our shit? What the fuck. Aren’t we all already aware of that?

The majority of us Malaysians, do not even recycle (oh, maybe only for the wrong reasons, like stealing manhole covers, for example). About a good quarter of us (my humble estimate) drives/rides a gasoline/diesel powered vehicle. We burn fossil fuel and coal to generate electricity. We urbanize our lands without control (you can ask around in Bukit Antarabangsa), use synthetic products and blast our air conditioners the whole fucking day. You want to talk to me about Earth Hour? Forget Earth Hour. One hour isn’t going to do jack shit to anything except making the economy slump spiral down further. Earth Hour is nothing more than a hokum that gives you this self inflated assurance that you’re doing something to conserve the environment.

Do you have any idea how many tonnes of greenhouse gases are produced each time there is a war? I don’t know the exact figure, but what I know is, it’s way much more than what you and your retarded friends could do by switching off the lights, for a billion years. And this is just one of them. There are thousands more. We do things everyday to survive, that are contributing to global warming. Let’s face it, modernization and the environment just do not get along.

In my opinion, the only thing we human as a whole can REALLY do to stop global warming at its tracks – is fucking kill ourselves simultaneously. We disappear from the face Earth – that’s the only way. Let’s be real here. We humans are a bane to our own planet. As long as we exist, there are bound to be problems. We are already fucking the Earth every awakening seconds by being alive (we exhale CO2, remember? And we populate and urbanize at warp speed). So, why fucking bother?

michaelooi  | thoughts  |

22 Comments to “fuck Earth Hour”

1. deccee says:

Well said dude! couldnt agree more! Earth Hour is just a pure publicity stunt that does not serve any purpose at all.. ( in this case, i dont know what kind of publicity stunt that they are trying to pull)

2. EinsamSoldat says:

I hear ya man, this is exactly how it is put http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7W33HRc1A6c I share your sentiments.

3. wils0n says:

Quote from The Matrix; “Agent Smith: I’d like to share a revelation that I’ve had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species. I realized that you’re not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You move to an area, and you multiply, and multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet, you are a plague, and we are the cure.”

4. feizal says:

right on brotha

5. john says:

The environmental movement is being turned into a religion. Call it Ecotheism. But unlike the other religious, it’s OK for governments around the world to promote this one. My work sent out emails asking us to observe earth hour. Can you imagine the uproar if they would have asked us to observe the hours between 12-3 on Good Friday? People would have complained.

6. Yatz says:

indeed i don’t see any purpose of supporting it..while stupid assholes who followed it didn’t know that they are risking their business such as, few shops in Lowyat Plaza switched off the lights, but with lappies, PCs, and aircond everything on? bullshit~!!

7. MT says:

Ehehehe… ANOTHER enlightened soul! how nice…. I got so much flak on Facebook for telling people the same damn thing… These stupid sohais who fucking whinge about the environment and how switching the lights off will “make a statement” are the same people who use their aircons the whole damn day, ask for a plastic bag to carry one ciggie packet, drive SUVs, etc…

To all you hippie wannabes, go fuck yourselves and then kill yourselves. You’ll help the environment much more… just by not being around…

8. Raymond says:

Earth Hour is not about switching off the lights for an hour. It is about creating ‘awareness’ to the public about the global warming issues around the world.

So by publicising, talking, blogging (even negatively) about Earth Hour, you are in fact creating awareness.

So well done!

9. chloe says:

the after-earthhour glow is on everyone’s (who jumped on the bandwagon) faces, as they return to their day to day activities, going to the sundry shop and taking plastic bags for 1-2 items, though their dirty vehicle is clearly parked just outside. littering because it is embarrassing to hold on to their own trash. having all lights turned on, just because.

yeah, so about the after-earthhour glow… i’m going to hurl.

I Googled for ‘Fuck Earth Hour’, my site came up third. FUCK!

11. fuck yea says:

this bro is right

fuck earth hour fuckin publicity stunt

they fuckin turned my intenret off for earth hour what the fuck

12. Kenny Lee says:

Earth, Nature just doesn’t care, don’t you see?! Looking back at billion years species evolution history, Human may be just another failed species waiting to be wipe out.

13. DCFL says:

everyday and every second also earth hour what… why so special only on a special day lar with one hour in it? Greed and Lust (materialistic) is killing everything…

14. James Ooi says:

Klaatu was right..
    Human Race Should be eliminated xD

15. Sammi says:

those that feel human race is a virus and should be eliminated, pls lead the way.

16. Ed says:

One hour without lights, fuck that, I wanna look at what I’m fucking during earth hour..

17. ShaolinTiger says:

Sadly the level of awareness about environmental issues in Malaysia is extremely low, even basic civic consciousness is missing (how often do you see people chucking rubbish out of their car windows? I see it every day).

I think it’s a good cause if it educates a few more people that our environment is in trouble and they should start doing something about it.

Simple things help like not taking plastic bags at shops unless you need them, cutting down on lights and air con usage, using energy saving bulbs etc.

18. True, but MAY BE this is akin to women going for monthly facials, where we really want to believe will slow down the clock!!! Earth unfortunately only gets yearly therapy. And after zillions of yrs too.

19. nisa says:

I second Sammi…pls lead the way.

Btw, Earth Hour purpose is to create awareness, and IMO, as a jumpstart. We’re supposed to get the message and do our part seriously. So fuck the people that doesnt cooperate, not the effort.

20. Great Mako says:

LOL…it’s funny reading ur guys’ arguements…